Which grade lashing wire grade do I choose?
- Type 430 is the least corrosion resistant. It is not recommended to be used within 25 miles of salt water or industrial areas.
- Type 302 has excellent corrosion resistance in industrial areas, and it is the industry workhorse. 0.038 Type 302 has the same strength as 0.045 Type 430, with better handling.
- Type 316 is the most corrosion resistant wire suitable for use in coastal areas and offers the best insurance in corrosive environments.
How much should I order?
Because lashing wire is wrapped many times over in each span, use these rough guidelines to help order the right amount of wire for the job.
- Lash bundle diameters up to 1.50" - add 5%.
- Lash bundle diameters from 1.50" to 3.00" - add 10%.
- Lash bundle diameters more than 3.00" - add 20%.